Monday, January 18, 2010

Potty Training and The Farmer's Almanac

Yes, the two things are related. I never would have thought, but I am a true believer.

At the end of December we pulled out the panties and the potty chair and got everything ready to start…again. It was a no go. I had to do several loads of laundry on day because we only had 6 pair of panties. Day 2 was much better. Only a few accidents. Day 3 was non-existent; she refused to put on the panties.

I was talking to my mom about my frustration and she recommended that I check the Farmer’s Almanac. Do what? She explained that they have days that they recommend that you do things like this. Hmmm. We have a Farmer’s Almanac, but I thought it was for the weather and planting, not potty training. What did I have to lose?

I pulled out the Farmer’s Almanac and checked. Nothing. I read the chapter on how to read this book twice and I still couldn’t figure it out so I went to the internet. And guess what I found. This is awesome! It tells you the best days to do all sorts of things. I found it. There are 10 days every month that are the best for potty training. For January it started on the 12th.

I decided to give it a try according to the Farmer’s Almanac, so Tuesday, January 12th, we started again.

January 12 – 3 accidents, but went several times in the potty
January 13 – 1 accident
January 14 – 1 accident in a diaper while running errands (perfectly acceptable and understandable)
January 15 – More errands. Every store we went into she asked where the potty was. While at the grocery store I abandoned the cart with Mr. and we ran for the bathroom. The big potty with no little seat freaked her out and she couldn’t go. She finally had an accident in her diaper on the way home.
January 16 – 1 accident while trying to get to the potty.
January 17 – No accidents
January 18 – No accidents

I’m convinced. I recommend that everyone in need of potty training (or a million other things) give the Farmer’s Almanac a try. Please note that when I talk about our success I’m only referring to when she is awake. She still wears a diaper at nap and bed and she wakes up wet from both, but 2 diapers a day is a considerable improvement.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Potty training can be so tough! I remember trying just about everything!

    ReplyDelete