Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homemade Coffee Creamer

This post is co written by my alter ego, El Cheapo. I started my search for a homemade coffee creamer recipe in an effort to save money. But after I found the recipe I realize that it's also Self Reliant, so to me it's a bonus.

This is super simple and yummy!

The base for the recipe is one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk plus 1 ½ cups milk. Whisk together until combined. That's it.

Now comes the fun part...flavoring.

My first (and only) batch I made chocolate vanilla. I added 1 Tablespoon Cocoa and 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract. After I stirred these in I poured the mixture into my recently emptied store bought creamer container and shook it until the cocoa was incorporated.

I haven't tried any other flavors, but don't worry, I will. As I try other flavors I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment