Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reusable Duster – No Sew

I dusted! Since I showed everyone my dust here, sheer embarrassment finally motivated me to dust my house. It took me an hour and a half…no joke. And since dusting is the worst household chore in my opinion, that was torture. I decided that I needed to stay on top of my dusting and just make it happen – period. Surprisingly, I’ve been doing a much better job.

But by doing a better job, I’ve been going through the Swiffer dusters and I’m out. I refuse to buy more, so I came up with a reusable duster that has plenty of places to capture the dust like the Swiffer duster, but without the price tag.

To make this funny looking reusable duster all you need is some fabric – this is the perfect time to dig in your rag bag or clothes headed for charity. Find something soft; I used an old pair of pajama pants.

1. Start by making your pattern on paper. You’re making a mitten, minus the thumb. Trace it larger that you need.
2. Place your pattern on your fabric and cut it out several inches wider all the way around.



3. Cut ½-1 inch fringes around the entire mitt.



4. Tie the fringe from the top piece to the matching fringe from the bottom piece. Double knot.



That’s it. How simple is that?


Happy Dusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment