Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chicken (Turkey) Broccoli Shells


I am a very big fan of Thanksgiving, but I’ll openly admit that the crown jewel on the Thanksgiving dinner table…the turkey is lost on me. I like turkey, but there are just so many other yummy things that I’d rather fill up on. I don’t think I’m alone on this. It probably doesn’t help that I know I’ll be eating turkey for a week straight.

Since I throw very little away, I repurpose the leftover turkey. This recipe calls for cooked chicken, but is an excellent way to use some of your turkey instead. And it’s a completely different taste than you’ve been used to for several days in a row. So when you head out to finish your Thanksgiving dinner grocery shopping, make sure you have these ingredients on hand for Friday or Saturday. Trust me…you’ll need a break.

Chicken (Turkey) Broccoli Shells

1 (16 oz.) jar of Alfredo Sauce
2 cups frozen, chopped broccoli florets (thawed)
2 cups diced cooked chicken (turkey)
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (I use the cheapo sprinkle kind)
21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained

In a large bowl, combine alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken and cheeses. Spoon into pasta shells. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.

Tip: I sprinkle a little extra shredded cheddar cheese over the top before I bake it. I remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking so it browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment